ADSM-L

ADSM for VSE

1996-04-25 12:54:56
Subject: ADSM for VSE
From: "TOM CLUSTER, Data Center" <tcluster AT PERALTA.CC.CA DOT US>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 16:54:56 +0000
I'm new to this list, so I'll probably be asking a question that's
been asked many times before.  If you wish to respond privately so
that you don't clutter up the list, feel free!

We're thinking of getting ADSM.  We're in a VM/VSE environment.  My
tendency would be to get it in VSE, since that's where we have a tape
manager (Dynam/T).  I'd be interested in any comments regarding this
choice.

One thing that *REALLY* surprised me is that ADSM doesn't use the MMC
(microchannel-to-mainframe) card.  Lanres uses it.  Why not ADSM?  It
seems to me that if only one product were going to have MMC
capability it should be ADSM.  Am I missing something?  Or is the
absence of MMC card support for VSE a well known requirement?

In view of this absence, what's the best method of connecting?

Thanks very much for your responses!

Tom Cluster, Manager, Technical Services
Peralta Community College District
Oakland, CA, USA

Voice:  510-466-7320     Fax:  510-763-3145