ADSM-L

HP-UX client for v2

1996-04-25 15:33:45
Subject: HP-UX client for v2
From: Peter F Carranti <carrantip AT NIMO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 15:33:45 EDT
I wonder if anyone has run into this.....

We are testing the ADSM/MVS version 2 server along with various clients,
including the HP-UX version 2 client.

I know ADSM does not yet "officially" support HP-UX  version 10, but the ADSM
version1 client is installable on that level and does back up the filesystems
(including VX-FS filesystems if you do a selective backup).  Because the HP-UX
v1 client comes as a tar file it is easy to install.

The HP-UX v2 client apparently uses a diffent packaging and the install
instructions say to use the "update" command for installation, (see Installing
the clients v2, page 17).  Apparently, the updatecommand doesn't exist on HP-UX
v10, and tar doesn't seem to work with the v2 client tape.

Has anyone successfully installed and implemented the HP-UX v2 client on an
machine running HP-UX v10.  I know I can continue to use the version 1 client
for these machines with the version 2 server, but it would be nice to be able
to upgrade.

Also, when will ADSM support HP-UX version 10 ??

Thanks,

Peter Carranti
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp.