ADSM-L

Re: Data migration

1996-04-25 11:03:52
Subject: Re: Data migration
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 10:03:52 -0500
Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  writes:
> Date:    Wed, 24 Apr 1996 08:57:53 PDT
> From:    "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
> Subject: Re: Data migration
>
> Jeffrey Mathers asks:
>
> >A user performed an archive job without mounting a tape in the drive. The
> >migration threshold was passed, but since there was no tape mounted the
> >migration never occurred. How can I now migrate the data from the disk
> >pool to the tape?
>
> Issue the UPDATE STGPOOL command to reduce your low and high migration
> thresholds. This should cause migration to kick in.
>
> Don't forget to reset them to their original values, after.
>
> Andy Raibeck
> ADSM Level 2 Support
> 408-256-0130
You can use the same setting that they already are at to give the migration
a kick start.  For instants, if hi is at 60  then you can just run:
upd stg <stgpool> hi=60

Just the mere fact that you updated something (even if you didn't really change
anything) should be enough.

Chuck T.
(Not ADSM Support)