ADSM-L

Reply to Re: ADSM manuals--an

1996-04-25 09:18:00
Subject: Reply to Re: ADSM manuals--an
From: Mike Stewart <STEWAJM AT AUDUCADM.DUC.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 07:18:00 -06
*** Original Author:  ADSM-L @ MARIST - ** Remote User **; 04/24/96 02:22pm

>Sender:       "Dist. Stor. Manager(ADSM) List" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>From:         Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
>Subject:      Re: ADSM manuals--another view
>To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

There have been many comments about the IBM ADSM manuals.  While
they no doubt can be improved, they are head and shoulders above
the documentation I have seen for other similar products.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607
*** Comments From: STEWAJM - Stewart, Mike; 04/25/96 07:12am
*** Comments From: STEWAJM - Stewart, Mike; 04/25/96 07:12am

I'm not sure I understand the vehement complaints about
the manuals either.  I installed the ADSM MVS server
about three years ago, and it seemed to drop in without
much trouble.

While there is certainly room for improvement,
my strongest complaint would be that over the years the
manuals were not updated to describe the enhancements
that maintenance added to the product, but instead users
had to reference PTF hold data.

Mike Stewart
Mike Stewart
Mgr. Systems Programming