ADSM-L

Re: Backup VolHistory in V1.2.07/17

1996-04-24 08:23:33
Subject: Re: Backup VolHistory in V1.2.07/17
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 08:23:33 EDT
> We have a slight problem with the BACKUP VOLHISTORY command in
> ADSM Server Version 1.2.07/17 for AIX.  According to the on-line help, if
> the VOLHISITORY files are defined in the DSMSERV.OPT file, then we
> should be able to invoke the BACKUP VOLHISTORY command without the
> FILELIST parameter.  But when we do that we get message # ANR2464I,
> which states that the VOLHISTORY files are not defined/configured.
>
> The funny thing is, this use to work OK until January, when we made a
> small change in the AIX startup to automatically start ADSM.  Now, even
> when we do a manual startup (after a manual halt), we still can't issue the
> BACKUP VOLHISTORY command, without specifying the FILELIST.
>
> Does anybody have any insight as to the fix or related information?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark Mapes
> PG&E

We have experienced a similar problem using the MVS server.  I
believe an APAR is open on this.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607