ADSM-L

FW: Tape expiration

1996-04-23 15:27:00
Subject: FW: Tape expiration
From: "Craig, Ronnie" <RCRA467 AT CSD.CPA.STATE.TX DOT US>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 13:27:00 CST
Jane, We use DFSMShsm  and the ARCTVEXT in our shop. I did run into another
problem when trying to define externally managed tapes to CA-1. I had to
have the CA-1 administrator define to CA-1 that ADSM would be an external
data manager and he had to define the high-level qualifier used for the
dsn's written to tape. EX: (ADSM.BFS, ADSMOFF.BFS, ADSMON.BFS) for every
different high-level qualifier the CA-1 administrator defined each one of
them to CA-1. When ADSM write's to a new scratch tape CA-1 sets the
expiration date to permanent and flag-3 to EDM. Once ADSM release's the tape
the ARCTVEXT changes the expiration date to current date and deletes EDM
from flag-3.

Ronnie Craig
Enterprise Storage Management
State of Texas Comptroller