ADSM-L

Re: Acceptance (Was support ADSM)

1996-04-18 06:40:05
Subject: Re: Acceptance (Was support ADSM)
From: Dirk Kastens <dkastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 12:40:05 +0200
On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:

> Figuring out how to set up and configure the ADSM server is extremely
> complex !  The documentation that's delivered with ADSM just doesn't
> explain "HOW TO" in 25 simple steps.  This initial barrier is probably

I can only second that. I'm just teaching myself how to set up an
ADSM server and I have to cross-read all the manuals at once.
I first installed the hardware devices (tape drive and library) and
obviously my first wish was to see if they work correctly with ADSM.
This is explained in chapter 9 of the Administrator's Guide not in
the Installing the Server manual. The installation manual is talking
about the database, recovery log and storage pools, when the reader
doesn't have the slightest idea of what this is.
Now I'm writing my own manual because I have to teach our operators how
to use ADSM.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT rz.Uni-Osnabrueck DOT DE
Universitaet Osnabrueck     Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28             Phone: +49/541/258182   (private)
49069 Osnabrueck
Germany