ADSM-L

adsm windows nt version 2r1m3 client install

1996-04-17 13:33:18
Subject: adsm windows nt version 2r1m3 client install
From: Rusty Wright <rusty AT GROAN.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 10:33:18 -0700
In the README file, under "running the nt scheduler as an nt service"
the instructions are a bit vague; they say that the utility
srvinst.exe is included to "aid in installing the client as a service"
but the instructions don't say just what "aid" srvinst.exe provides.

So I ran srvinst.exe and what it does conflicts with the instructions
that follow for manually installing adsm as a service; the manual
instructions say to edit the registry and add a Parameters key under

        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/ADSM Scheduler

but the srvinst.exe program created the key "ADSM Scheduler Service"
(not "ADSM Scheduler"), and it placed it under

        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services

Also, srvinst.exe didn't create the Parameters key, so I had to go in
and manually add it and the three values as per the manual
installation instructions.