ADSM-L

Re: NetWare NDS answers

1996-04-12 12:17:12
Subject: Re: NetWare NDS answers
From: Kingsavanh Bounkeua <king AT UNM DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 12:17:12 -0400
At 03:40 PM 4/11/96 PDT, Jim Smith (276-7618) wrote:
>Kingsavanh Bounkeua asks:
>
>>How do I do that?
>>I issued "select dir\.o=xxxx" and ADSM did the backup of the directories.
>
>I suggest that you use the incremetnal backup function to backup the
>NDS to ensure that the trustees are backed-up properly.  eg: I DIR
>

>>Now I issued "query backup dir\o.=xxxx" and ADSM return the following error ms
>>

>>ANS4095E No files matching search criteria were found
>>
>>And when I issued the following:
>>
>>dsmc> rest dir/.o=xxxx
>>Restore function invoked.
>>
>>ANS4095E No files matching search criteria were found
>
>The queries are case sensitive for the NDS objects. For the restore or
>query backup, use:
>
>  dir:/.O=xxxx (name types .CN, .O, .OU, .C, .L must be uppercase)
>               (object name 'xxxx' must be in same case as it was backed up)
>
>or, just say Q BACKUP dir:/*
>
>Jim Smith
>ADSM NetWare client development
>San Jose, CA

Thanks for the reply. But it still does not work see below:

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.2
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1995, All Rights Reserved.

dsmc> q backup dir:/*
Please enter password for node "CIRTDEV": *******

Session established with server ADSM: MVS
  Server Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.3
  Data compression forced on by the server
  Server date/time: 04/12/1996 16:51:56   Last access: 04/12/1996 16:46:28

Connecting to a Netware 4.0 Directory (CIRTMAIN).

Connected to CIRTMAIN.

ANS4095E No files matching search criteria were found
dsmc>
dsmc> q backup dir:/.O=CIRT
ANS4095E No files matching search criteria were found
dsmc>

*  Kingsavanh Bounkeua              *
*  University of New Mexico         *
*  Email:                           *
*    INTERNET: king AT unm DOT edu         *
*    BITNET:   [email protected]   *
*  Phone:                           *
*    505-277-8042                   *