ADSM-L

ADSM's Backup Strategy vs. Weekly Full Backups

1996-04-10 13:16:49
Subject: ADSM's Backup Strategy vs. Weekly Full Backups
From: Bruce Braase <braase AT CELSVR.STORTEK DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 10:16:49 -0700
Hello ADSMers,

A coworker of mine has concerns about ADSM's backup strategy. That is one
initial full backup and incrementals
there after, as compared to say weekly full backups and then incrementals. His
concern is that a tape may be
unreadable for whatever reason. In the event of a hard drive failure it would
be impossible to recover the
data. Whereas with weekly full backups and incrementals if a tape in unreadable
you could fall back to the
previous weeks backups. I am pretty sure this has been addressed to my
satisfaction but I can't remember how.
The server is running on VM/ESA 1.2.2. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
--
Regards,
Regards,

Phone: (303) 673-7299