ADSM-L

AIX 3.2.5 -> AIX 4.1.4 with HSM already installed

1996-04-10 06:44:50
Subject: AIX 3.2.5 -> AIX 4.1.4 with HSM already installed
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 11:44:50 +0100
We have been running with AIX 3.2.5 and HSM (2.1.0.2) for several months
and have many GBs of space-managed data. We are planning to upgrade to
AIX 4.1.4 and to use the newly available version of HSM.

Has anyone done this yet? Please can anyone in IBM tell me that this is OK?

I am worried because when we upgraded our ADSM server box to AIX 4.1.4 we
got in the situation where all the user volume groups were exported (on SSA).

Has anyone else done AIX 3.2.5 -> 4.1.4 and lost volume groups?

I learned last week that there may be a problem in importing volume groups
which contain space-managed filesystems? If we do the 4.1.4 update and lose
the volume groups, life could get very difficult ...

Advice soon would be very much appreciated - we have time scheduled this
week (11/12 April) to do this work (as well as some other updates).

Thanks a lot. Regards, Sheelagh

Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services     Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, Uk     Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275