ADSM-L

[no subject]

1996-04-09 19:27:07
From: "Jim Smith (276-7618)" <spikes AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 16:27:07 PDT
Subject:DSMC.NLM and DOWN command

Michael Wonder writes:

>I have the ADSM client version 2 on a NetWare 4.1 server.  When I attempt to
>bring the server down with a DOWN command and the scheduler is still running,
>I never get a prompt back to exit to DOS.  If the scheduler is brought down,
>then I can successfully down and exit to DOS.  I have the latest NLMs put on
>NetWire by Novell.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

No suggestions at this end as I could not recreate the problem.
What is the scheduler doing at the time you issue the DOWN command?  Is it
in the process of backing-up file system data or the NDS ?

This sounds like a problem that needs to be addressed by the ADSM level-2
support group; they will be able to work with you and help re-create
the problem by better understanding your scenario ...

Jim Smith
NetWare client development
San Jose, CA