ADSM-L

Re: FW: GMT/Daylight Savings Time Change

1996-04-09 17:50:01
Subject: Re: FW: GMT/Daylight Savings Time Change
From: Lee Calhoun <LEECU AT CUVMC.AIS.COLUMBIA DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 16:50:01 EST
On Mon, 8 Apr 1996 14:22:19 -0400 you said:
> [...]
Why, indeed.  We found that when we applied APAR PN49292 against the C/370
runtime library, this set the default time zone offset from GMT to zero,
and our ADSM schedules broke in a manner similar to what you described.
I have been assured by IBM that this is fixed by PN70857, and that we
should not have to apply a usermod (i.e. EDCLLOCL) just to pick up the
correct local time that the rest of the system is using.  I have not
applied this maintenance myself & so cannot verify; we are in the midst
of upgrading all our MVS software including the C language products &
hope to fix the problem via the upgrade.  In the meantime we have made
do (unhappily) with adjusting our ADSM schedules to GMT.

Good luck,

Lee Calhoun, Systems Programmer - MVS
Administrative Information Services
Columbia University
Box 700 Central Mail Room, New York NY 10027
phone: 212-854-5119   fax: 212-854-4043   email: LEECU AT cuvmc.ais.columbia
DOT edu
Disclaimer: These are my views and not those of my computer.