ADSM-L

Disaster Recovery on NetWare 3.1x

1996-04-09 15:43:36
Subject: Disaster Recovery on NetWare 3.1x
From: Chuck Mattern <cam03 AT HOMEDEPOT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 15:43:36 -0400
Over the weekend we lost a NetWare 3.11 file server and had to
rebuild from scratch.  I have done this a few times in a test
situation but was on vacation when we lost the machine.  The admins on
call built a base server with the NetWare OS and installed ADSM.  They
first restored the file system and then the bindery.  When they
brought up the server they only trustee rights were for "everybody".
I was told that after running a restore -replace=no that all of the
rights were correctly updated.

My question is should we be restoring the bindery first then file
systems?  Does anyone have a good step by step DR policy for NetWare
3.1x that they could share with me?

Regards,
Chuck