ADSM-L

TIME CHANGE CONCERNS.....?

1996-04-05 14:43:35
Subject: TIME CHANGE CONCERNS.....?
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 13:43:35 -0600
Item Subject: Text_1
     Any one know how ADSM is going to deal with the time change...
     I guess since we are "Springing forward" we won't have duplicates try
     to kick off but what if through staggered scheduling there is a backup
     window that runs from 15 to 45 min past the hour that will be skipped?
     In all of actuality I don't suffer from that here but would toss it
     out as food for thought.... We are running on RS/6000 w/ AIX 4.1 and
     have been told it automatically adjusts the system clock.

     I can't think of anyway this time change would cause major problems
     but I have this gut feeling that I'm just not hearing the wind whistle
     or noticing the growing shadow caused by the 2 ton safe that is
     falling my way.

     Just thinking out loud mainly
     Dwight