ADSM-L

Re: Scheduler GUI for New 32-Bit Windows Client

1996-04-04 12:56:22
Subject: Re: Scheduler GUI for New 32-Bit Windows Client
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 12:56:22 EST
Executive summary: me too.

Grumble on:  Jerry's comments were right on.  All clients should
support the PASSWORD statement in the options/preferences file.  The
Win95 client *needs* a GUI scheduler component.  Could someone place
IBM's statement concerning the missing GUI on this list, please?

On 7 Aug, an IBMer said on this list..
> We are working on a Win-95 client. No dates available yet.  Our
> typical target is to support major new platforms within 6 months of
> their general availability so that should give you a rough estimate.

I, and some others, thought 6 months much to long.  Does IBM need to
teach Microsoft something about working with vendor partners or is
ADSM talent too scarce?

The FTP server is a *great* resource, but as others have said, it needs
to be *much* faster.

As always, thanks for listening, IBM,

Wayne T. Smith               internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
Systems Group -- CAPS        University of Maine System