ADSM-L

Re: Netware v3.11 - can't connect to target

1996-04-03 10:26:46
Subject: Re: Netware v3.11 - can't connect to target
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 10:26:46 -0500
On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, Jerry Lawson wrote:

> ...critical here, so check for old copies of the NLM.  Also, in the latest
> maintenance (V2.1.0.3) of the NetWare client, I saw some comments about the
> TSA NLMs and backup of Macintosh files that reside on a NetWare server.  Look
> in the Readme if this applies  to your environment.

Yes, I did note something that mentioned if I was using TSA311.NLM (v4.04,
Feb 9, 1995) that I should get the latest patch.  Need to get that.

> As far as the name of the server to ASDSM - I have never done the names in
> this manner, but it is my understanding that it should work.  We just use the
> same name that a Novell server is known to the network by, just to make life a
> little simpler.

Understood.  My main reason is that we have a very large heterogenous
network.  I wanted to use the subdomain name to qualify hosts to avoid
duplication.  We're planning on implementing a central backup scheme for
OIT and many departments on our network.  I knew if I used the domain
qualified name, there would be no duplicate hostnames.

Thanks!
Joe Morris - morris AT unc DOT edu - http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
OIT/Computing Systems, Development