ADSM-L

Netware v3.11 - can't connect to target

2015-10-04 18:16:04
Subject: Netware v3.11 - can't connect to target
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 4/3/96 1:15AM
Also, my experience is that Novell NetWare does not support (at least as we
have it implemented) Domain Name Services.  This means that you must use the
TCP/IP numeric address (1.2.3.4) for the ADSM server address, instead of a DNS
name (such as ADSM, etc.)

As far as the name of the server to ASDSM - I have never done the names in
this manner, but it is my understanding that it should work.  We just use the
same name that a Novell server is known to the network by, just to make life a
little simpler.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com