ADSM-L

Re: Offsite Reclaim

1996-04-01 22:09:48
Subject: Re: Offsite Reclaim
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 20:09:48 PDT
---------------------------- Top of message ----------------------------
>>--> 04-01-96  19:57  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Re: Offsite Reclaim
>>--> 04-01-96  19:57  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Re: Offsite Reclaim

We have opened an incident with ADSM support.  Brought a bunch of these
tapes with low utilization percentages back from offsite and set ACCESS
=READWRITE, set the reclaim % down to 80 and reclaim called these tapes
one at a time as expected.  When marked OFFSITE, the starting reclama-
tion message appears for all of the reclamable volumes at once and then
only a small subset are actually reclaimed and marked PENDING and no
messages out of the ordinary are issued.  I'll try a MOVE DATA tomorrow
and see what happens.  It does look possible that the volumes actually
being reclaimed might be from just one collocated node on the local
pool, but I'll have to check that further.
Sam Sheppard
shs AT sddpc.sannet DOT gov
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
619-581-9668