ADSM-L

Re: attaching multiple tape libraries to ADSM v2.1 on AIX 4.1

1996-03-25 13:05:04
Subject: Re: attaching multiple tape libraries to ADSM v2.1 on AIX 4.1
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 12:05:04 -0600
Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  writes:
> Subject: attaching multiple tape libraries to ADSM v2.1 on AIX 4.1
> Author:  ADSM-L at unix,sh/dd.RFC-822=ADSM-L\@VM\.MARIST\.EDU
> Date:    3/21/96 10:26 AM
>

> It is no problem attaching multiple tape libraries to the adsm
> server...however, there are some restrictions....in particular...
> you can only have one library defined per adsm storage pool...Greg Tevis

Another thing you can do is what I call chainning the Tape libraries together.
That means that you just set the NEXT Storage pool to be the other tape
library.
Here I have DLT4700's and Lago Data wheels so I do a lot of that.

 Disk pool (next=> Tape Libr1)
                   Tape Libr1  (next= Tape Libr2) .....

I did find one problem in the migrations.  When the first pool filled up the
migration from disk would not automatically go to Tape Libr2.  An APAR
(IC12808)
has been opened on this and hopefully will be fixed soon.

Chuck T.