ADSM-L

ADSM Microsoft Exchange Agent ???

1996-03-23 15:07:52
Subject: ADSM Microsoft Exchange Agent ???
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 12:07:52 PST
Re: Note from you attached below

>Hi,
>     We've just received the production version of the Microsoft Exchange
>product and will be rolling it out pretty aggressively over the next few
>months.   Does IBM have any plans to come out with an ADSM Microsoft
>Exchange Client/Agent ??  I've posted this question before but have gotten
>no answer one way or the other. We view this support as VERY important -
>other storage management vendors have already announced plans to support
>Exchange (Legato, Cheyenne, etc.).  Will this be supported or will we be on
>our own to 'glue' the ADSM and Exchange APIs together ??  We'd be more than
>happy to participate in a beta program if this would help move things along.
>
>Thanks !!!
>Tim Pittson
>pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com

Tim,

Currently, we are still evaluating Micrsoft Exchange.  There are no firm
plans yet to directly support it, but several customers have opened
requirements on it, so it will be evaluated.  I will make sure you're
name is added to to interested parties list in the requirements database.

Regards,
Brett Walker
ADSM Client Development