ADSM-L

Re: FW: ADSM MVS server hangs

2015-10-04 18:16:27
Subject: Re: FW: ADSM MVS server hangs
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 3/20/96 10:01PM
I was wondering if you ran out of tape drives.  In the Devclass you tell ADSM
a max number of tape drives he can ask for.  As I understand it, if you are
using the max set in the devclass, then processes will wait until they become
available, even if there are more idle drives available on MVS.  It is there
to control ADSM and keep it from hogging all of the drives, but it can also be
a limit.  We set ours to 4, and I have two separate devclasses, one which
colocates and one which does not.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com