ADSM-L

Tape Unit - Drive Problems

1996-03-19 15:10:12
Subject: Tape Unit - Drive Problems
From: Val Filipski <Valls AT GNN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 15:10:12 -0500
We have been using the Tape Library #7331 for our backup system
since the beginning of Feb. 1996. doing incremental backups on a
nightly basis.  We have recently had tapes marked 'read only' on
Monday mornings (incrementals do run over the weekend).  The logs
from the past two days indicates a problem only with tape drive
#2.     Tape heads are cleaned weekly.  Is there a particular brand of
tape cleaner SONY vs IBM vs ??? that is preferred?  Are there
problems with particular tape cleaners?

Thanks!

Val Filipski
LAN Admin