ADSM-L

NetWare NDS and -626 Error-DSRepair Not Sufficient

1996-03-19 13:17:51
Subject: NetWare NDS and -626 Error-DSRepair Not Sufficient
From: Dale BESKE <Dale.Beske AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 12:17:51 CST
ADSM'ers:

We posted a question several days ago, and Barry Hill was kind enough to suggest
that we use Novell's DSRepair to correct a problem in our NDS.  Unfortunately -
DSRepair can't/won't fix the problem.  The problem is in backing up a Netware
4.1 NDS, which is holding partition information is not accessible.  No other
server has the missing information, and there is no way to "turn on" the missing
server.  Novell's DSRepair cannot fix this problem.

Is there a way to tell ADSM to exclude an NDS partition?  (We had no
problem doing that with Novell's SBackup utility.)  The documentation
for the ADSM Exclude option implies that it can only be used with files
and directories, and not with the NDS.

This could be a real problem for us in our environment.  If we can't exclude
these ghosts, the NDS backup fails.

Any suggestions?

I recall seeing some posts about a new Novell client.  Any updates on when that
might be available?

Dale Beske - University of Wisconsin-Madison - DoIT
(608) 263-4006