ADSM-L

FW: many files

1996-03-16 12:03:00
Subject: FW: many files
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 12:03:00 EST
Add the SLOWINCREMENTAL YES (or ON) statement to the DSM.OPT file...

Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com
 ----------
From: owner-adsm-l
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
Subject: many files
Date: Friday, March 15, 1996 2:04PM

  -> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU     MAIL TO EXTERNAL MAIL SYSTEM   IO50C3

           We have an ADSM client for which we're trying to get a
successful backup...we never have...to date. The problem is: the directory
has some 31,000 FILES in addition to 35 subdirectories (each subdirectory
has from 3-100 files).  When trying to do the backup, ADSM is trying to
generate his list of all these files BUT then that node's session TIMES
OUT (currently our IDLETIMEOUT parameter is set to 30 minutes, and this
coming weekend it will be increased to 60 minutes because of this node).
*** Does anyone have a similar problem with many many files and how do
you handle it? ***