ADSM-L

Re: Backup of Storagepools

1996-03-14 09:59:25
Subject: Re: Backup of Storagepools
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 15:59:25 +0100
> The question I have is regarding 1.  How is one to estimate how big to make
> the copy storage pool to use the 'backup stgpool' command?  If one does not

The copy storage pool is intended to contain the same data as the primary
storage pool, and the tool, that makes it contain the same data, is the
'backup stgpool' command. So, it has to be approximately the same size
as the primary storage pool, perhaps a bit more or less, depending on
your use of collocation.

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488