ADSM-L

Label processing

1996-03-13 04:10:28
Subject: Label processing
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 10:10:28 +0100
For the first time, we now have a 3590 problem: Last night a user tried to
do a restore, which failed because:
"ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume ..."

I tried to audit the volume with the same result. I then tried to move
the data to another volume, and it WORKED! But now I wonder: Does MOVE
DATA ignore the volume label, or do we have some temporary problems here?

Any ideas?

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488