ADSM-L

Re: ADSM API incompatibility

1996-03-13 04:03:01
Subject: Re: ADSM API incompatibility
From: Bob Matthews <BOB AT UNI2C3.UNIGE DOT CH>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 09:03:01 WET
On Tue, 12 Mar 1996 10:16:22 -0500 Richard Sims said:
>On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Matthias Feyerabend wrote:
>
>> In "Using the API Interface" it is noted and by experience we could
>> verify that
>>
>>    "Only the API can restore or retrieve objects that have been backed up
>>     or archive with API calls."
>>
>> This is a major drawback for our plans. We wanted to take advantage of
>> the API (input from tape, better performance, runs on VMS) and standard
>> ADSM client (GUI, etc) and combine the two.
>
>We write to add our voice to this issue...

Me too.  We wanted to use the API to convert files which had been
backed up by another backup facility and then restore them in the
same way as other ADSM files.

| Bob Matthews            | E-mail: Bob.Matthews AT seinf.unige DOT ch |
| Services Informatiques  | Tel.:   ++41 (0)22 705 7153         |
| University of Geneva    | Fax:    ++41 (0)22 705 7986         |
| 24 rue General-Dufour   |                                     |
| CH-1211 Geneva 4        |                                     |
| Switzerland             |                                     |