ADSM-L

deleted files, want to recover

1996-03-08 17:41:13
Subject: deleted files, want to recover
From: "Mike Leuthold, University of Arizona" <LEUTHOLD AT ATMO1.ATMO.ARIZONA DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 15:41:13 -0700
                I have made a mistake and deleted a filesystem  I need.  I
used the archive function to save files at one time, but I was stupid and
deleted the filesystem and all it's files by using the 'delete restore/retrieve
file systems' from the dsm utility.  At this point, I changed the secondary
archive storage pool (8mm tape) to reclaim=100 so the tapes won't be touched.
touched.  Is there a way I can tell adsm to take all the files on the 8mm
ape and rebuild the db and retrieve the files?  I've explored the 'restore
volume' and 'restore stgpool' commands, but being a new user of adsm, I don't
want to use these and make things worse.  Thanks for any help.
Mike Leuthold