ADSM-L

Problems using HSM over NFS

1996-03-08 04:21:00
Subject: Problems using HSM over NFS
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 10:21:00 +0100
Hello,

yesterday I put one of our home file systems under ADSM's HMS control
(ADSM V2R1M0.2 on AIX3.2.5). This file system is exported via NFS. Now I
encounter two problems:

 On a NFS client, the mv-command does not work. This looks strange,
   because commands like cp, rm, cat, ... do not have any problems.
   But the command "mv a b" hangs; eventually we see the message
   "NFS server ... not responding still trying". The file to be moved
   is not migrated!

 When accessing a migrated file on a SUN (Solaris 2.4) via NFS, we get
   the error message "write error: Interrupted system call" and the
   command ends. The next access to this file works, since the file has
   then been recalled.

Any ideas?

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488