ADSM-L

Re: PowerMac client

1996-03-07 11:04:36
Subject: Re: PowerMac client
From: Wendy Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 11:04:36 EST
Susie McClure said:
>I have lots of MAC clients and some Power Macs but don't know much
>about them.  Why should I care about a specific POWER MAC client....
>is there some new function or data format that I need to be worrying
>about???  BTW...  it does seem that my several POWER MAC clients
>(running regular mac client code) are the machines I have the most
>trouble with--- severed connections, out of memory during backup, etc)

This is *exactly* why you care about a specific Power Mac client.  The
soon-to-be released client runs natively on Power Mac hardware and
thus runs much faster.  We have Power Macs that have never managed
to back up with 2.1.0.2 because of severed connections that can back
up just fine with the beta version of the Power Mac code.  We're very
eager for the production release to come out.

Wendy Alberg, Computer Resources Technical Support Group, 315 CCC,
Cornell Information Technologies, Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY 14853
wa10 AT cornell DOT edu  607/255-2672
http://dwrgi.cit.cornell.edu/homepage.html