ADSM-L

Re: HPUX 10 Client Install???

1996-03-05 13:16:18
Subject: Re: HPUX 10 Client Install???
From: John VanderWerf <jtv AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 10:16:18 -0800
On Tues, Mar 5th, Mark Mapes wrote:

> Has anybody installed ADSM client on HPUX version 10.1.
>
> The problem for us is that HP has eliminated their UPDATE command and
> the old way will not work.  I am sure there is a simple fix, but I don't
> know what it is.

The ADSM HP-UX client tape (from IBM Boulder) and the install image file
(from the ftp server) are in straight tar format.  The directory path
structure of the files is needed so that the "update" command will be
happy.  You can untar the files on your HP-UX 10 system by hand, and then
set the ownership and permissions of the files (also by hand); eg (as root):

# cd /
# tar xvf <pathname_of_install_file_or_tape>
# /system/IBMADSM-COMMON/customize
# /system/IBMADSM-BASE/customize
# /system/IBMADSM-ADMIN/customize
# /system/IBMADSM-API/customize

Keep in mind that HP-UX 10 has a new filesystem type which we do not support
in the current HP client.

--
John VanderWerf                            IBM Corporation
John VanderWerf                            IBM Corporation