ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Version 2 Pubs

1996-02-28 18:16:24
Subject: Re: ADSM Version 2 Pubs
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 18:16:24 EST
On Fri, 25 Aug 1995 16:55:55 PDT Jacquelyn B. Reith said:

>Note the CD collection which will have easily printed DynaText versions
>of the pubs:  ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager: Online Product Library
>              SK2T-1878-00

Well, I finally have a CD in hand with the version 2 pubs on them.  I can
view and print them with DynaText.  All is very nice, except I have two
beefs.  When I print the manuals, I cannot generate a table of contents
as part of the printed manual.  There IS an option to generate a table of
contents separately, but even when I use this I cannot get a TOC with page
numbers in it!

Having such large manuals without useable TOCs is, ummm, somewhat ugly.
You also do not get an index when you print these manuals from DynaText.
This is also undesireable.

Is there any way to get postscript files for these v2 client manuals that
include a useable TOC and index?  Having this would be really great!

Thanks.
..Paul