ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/6000 Processes

1996-02-27 13:23:25
Subject: Re: ADSM/6000 Processes
From: Bernd Dammann <bernd AT FKI.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 18:23:25 +0000
On Feb 27, 10:33am, Robert Jarry wrote:
> Subject: ADSM/6000 Processes
> Does anyone know why the adsm/6000 server starts up 26 processes when
>     you type "dsmserv"?    This number didn't change when I cut the number
> of simultaneous client connects from the default 25 down to 10.

On our server there are now 49 dsmserv processes, even though we have
set the number to 20.  Only the twenty first processes have a single
dsmserv process as a parent process, the rest is owned by init.  It
looks like background jobs that haven't finished yet.

--
# Bernd Dammann          <bernd AT fki.dtu DOT dk> | "Why stop now,
# Bernd Dammann          <bernd AT fki.dtu DOT dk> | "Why stop now,