ADSM-L

SHARE presentation input requested

1996-02-27 11:18:16
Subject: SHARE presentation input requested
From: Dave Crockett <crockett AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 09:18:16 MST
Next week at SHARE I will be giving two presentations on ADSM.  One is
on disaster recovery, the other is on performance hints and tips.  To
help make these presentations as "real life" as possible, I would
appreciate some input to help me give ADSM customers there an idea how
other customers are using ADSM and its options.

**In order to save bandwidth, please respond to me directly, rather than
**on the list. I can summarize the answers later if there is interest.

Here's my questions:

ADSM Server Platform:
Approximate amount of data backed up daily:
Amount of data currently in your storage pools:
DB size:
mirroring DB?
Log size:
mirroring Log?
BUFPOOLSIZE:
LOGPOOLSIZE:
TXNGROUPMAX:
How often do you run expiration?
Using collocation?
DISK storagepool size:
migration thresholds:
reclamation threshold:

For Version 2 ADSM servers:

logmode NORMAL or ROLLFORWARD?
If ROLLFORWARD, how much did you increase your log?
How long (wall clock) does full BACKUP DB take?
How long (wall clock) does incremental BACKUP DB take?
If applicable, how long (wall clock) did a RESTORE DB take?
MOVEBATCHSIZE:
MOVESIZETHRESH:

For those using BACKUP STGPOOL:

How long (wall clock) does an incremental BACKUP STGPOOL take?
How many processes are used for the backup?
How much additional DB space was used when backed up storage pools?

Please send your answers to crockett AT vnet.ibm DOT com

Thanks!
Dave Crockett - ADSM development