ADSM-L

Holding Scheduled sessions

1996-02-26 13:45:30
Subject: Holding Scheduled sessions
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 13:45:30 -0500
Date:     February 26, 1996            Time:    12:46
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (203) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
We are getting ready to migrate to the Version 2 MVS server, and a question
We are getting ready to migrate to the Version 2 MVS server, and a question
came up about holding activity while the Dump DB was taking place.  The most
critical to us is probably the scheduled backups that might pop off while the
dump was going on.  These same schedules might be interrupted when we take the
server down after the dump is complete.  A question was asked by the HSM guy
if ADSM had a hold command similar to HSM, but I did not find anything that
obvious in a quick check of the manuals.  I did, however, find the "maxschedul
edsessions" parm - can you set this to 0 and get the same effect?  Does anyone
have a suggestion that they used?

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com

Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's the day to day stuff that really wears you
down.

                        Anton Chekov