ADSM-L

3590 Tape Drives

1996-02-19 09:30:10
Subject: 3590 Tape Drives
From: Dean Roy <DEAN AT ALPHA.UWINDSOR DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 09:30:10 EST
My site has pretty much decided to implement ADSM/6000 using an
RS/6000 E20 as the server platform connected to a 3494 with two 3590
tape drives. The E20 will have 13.2 GB disk space available for both
database space and disk storage pools to use.

Anyone have any good/bad comments about this configuration?

I am particulary interested in comments about the 3590 drives. I would
appreciate anyone who has them dropping me a note and letting me know
if you are happy with them etc. I am interested in comments about these
since they are so new - it's the same old story - they look great on
paper but do they really perform well?

  Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
  Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-4232 Ext 2763
  University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083