ADSM-L

Re: MVS vs AIX

1996-02-16 23:54:05
Subject: Re: MVS vs AIX
From: John O'Connell <JohnO10196 AT AOL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 23:54:05 -0500
      We didn't migrate our server from MVS to AIX but instead setup another
server on AIX.  This was done because of the database system we are running
--- PROGRESS -- and the size of the PROGRESS data bases.  At the time we
setup the AIX server the PROGRESS data bases were 5GBs in size and it was not
setup the AIX server the PROGRESS data bases were 5GBs in size and it was not
practical to backup the entire data base everynight over a ethernet
connection.  On AIX we use a FDDI connection to accomplish the backup.
  There is no ADSM API between PROGRESS and ADSM so the entire data base must
be backed up daily currently about 10gbs.

    John O'Connell
    Siemens-Rolm Communications