ADSM-L

MVS ADSM Server Performance Tuning.

1996-02-13 18:44:52
Subject: MVS ADSM Server Performance Tuning.
From: Dave Dickens <dave AT SSNET DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:44:52 -0500
Hi All,

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience with tuning an
MVS/ESA ADSM
Server running on an 3090 cpu.  I'm aware that increasing the size of the
recovery log
(at least in version 1) can help as it alleviates ADSM from doing a lot of
I/O to the
database by increasing the odds of a clear page being available in the
recovery log.
I have not tried this yet on the problem system as I would like to see if
there is a
methodology to determining what is going on with the server so I understand
exactly what
I'm trying to fix.

Would running some of the server trace options help?  I currently have a
ADSM server
running on a larger cpu (than the 3090) that uses less than 1% of cpu and I
have an ADSM server running on the 3090 using 6% (idle, I think...) -
wondering if I can lessen the
disparity between the 2 (I realize the larger machine is much more powerful...).

Thanks,
Dave.