ADSM-L

Re: getting on IP list

1996-02-08 13:53:35
Subject: Re: getting on IP list
From: Wendy Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 13:53:35 EST
On Wed, 7 Feb 1996 16:18:33 -0500, Scott D. Courtney <courtney AT TIMKEN DOT

said:
>How do I get on the IP list for an APAR?  I am an ADSTAR client user,
>not the server admin, so I don't have access to the IBM phone support
>system for this product.  Thanks.

Find someone who does have access - probably your ADSM server admin, or
someone in their work group - and ask them to contact IBM support and
track the APAR for you. With luck there will be a PTF (program temporary
fix) for this APAR that the server admin can get from IBM and apply to
your ADSM server.

If noone in your organization has access to IBM support, you'll have to
use indirect methods, such as joining/attending SHARE meetings (IBM
larger machine users group) and going to sessions about ADSM, or waiting
for someone else to post a notice here. There's no guarantee though that
the SHARE sessions will discuss this problem, or that someone will post
the information here.

Wendy Alberg, Computer Resources Technical Support Group, 315 CCC,
Cornell Information Technologies, Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY 14853
wa10 AT cornell DOT edu  607/255-2672
http://dwrgi.cit.cornell.edu/homepage.html