ADSM-L

Re: NOTE 02/06/96 12:44:57

1996-02-07 07:49:03
Subject: Re: NOTE 02/06/96 12:44:57
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 07:49:03 -0500
Melinda and Vince

I think I forgot to mention in my posting yesterday - we see a corresponding A
NR0481 message in the system log, indicating a timeout - the client held a loc
k for longer than the COMMTIMEOUT parm.  Are you seeing similar messages?
When I opened a problem with the support center, there were two possibilities
suggested - either that there was something causing a "legit" delay, and
increasing the parm would allow the problem to go away (we were still at 60
seconds at the time), or that we were losing a packet in the network.

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com