ADSM-L

Re: Any ideas IBM ? Re: ANS4017E Session rejected: etc.

1996-02-06 11:11:16
Subject: Re: Any ideas IBM ? Re: ANS4017E Session rejected: etc.
From: Helmut Richter <Helmut.Richter AT LRZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 17:11:16 +0100
On Tue, 6 Feb 1996, Jeffrey Mathers wrote:

> I would like to encourage you to open a problem number, if you have
> not done so. IBM's responsiveness to problems will increase
> dramatically when problem numbers are opened.

As the problem seems to be common to many customers, it might be a good
idea to collect on this mailing list all the problem numbers that address
this one problem. This will help the support to close many problem records
at the same time.

> It's a major pain to have to go this route, but it's the only way to
> get problems handled quickly. ADSTAR support is usually much
> better/faster than other IBM products, but a problem number will help
> you quite a bit.

Hmmm. If it is better or faster than with other IBM products, how is it
then with those? As has already been discussed here, experiences with
ADSM support vary much from customer to customer. It is no use to go into
details, others and I have already done that.

Regards,

Helmut Richter

Dr. Helmut Richter
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum     X.400:  S=Richter;OU=lrz;P=lrz-muenchen;A=d400;C=de
Barer Str. 21            RFC822:  Helmut.Richter AT lrz-muenchen DOT de
D-80333 Muenchen           Tel.:  ++49-89-2105-8785
Germany                     Fax:  ++49-89-2809460