ADSM-L

adsm server upgrade from 1.2 to 2.1

1996-02-04 12:06:33
Subject: adsm server upgrade from 1.2 to 2.1
From: Tom Geniusz <andaz AT EN DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 12:06:33 -0500
same message using the CORRECT to address(I just read the instruction message)

>To: listserv AT vm.marist DOT edu
>From: andaz AT en DOT com
>Subject: adsm server upgrade from 1.2 to 2.1
>
>I entered subscribe info on a previous message but here it is again
>     subscribe adsm-l Tom Geniusz
>
>I have been trying to determine an answer to the following upgrade question.
>
>    The server upgrade doc says to remove the adsm 1.2 software using smit.
>However since this version is committed I am unable to figure out how to remove
>it! Yes, this is running on a risc/6000 box with AIX 3.2.5.
>Since this version is committed do I HAVE to remove it  or will the
installation process of the new version of adsm server code take care of it.
If anyone has some helpful hints or warning about migrating from adsm 1.2 to
2.1, I would appreciate any advice. I'm trying not to destroy the adsm world
and myself in the process!!!!