ADSM-L

What can you tune to minimize Idle Wait/Comm. Wait ?

1996-01-31 13:22:00
Subject: What can you tune to minimize Idle Wait/Comm. Wait ?
From: "Jon C. Austin" <TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 13:22:00 EST
We're a growing ADSM shop, currently under 100 clients. We're
running into some time problems with some clients, and a look
at wait % show  more than 60% of backup time is being spent in
some combination of Idle wait or Communications Wait.

What culprits should we start look at for tuning this out?
We currently have a cycle constrained cpu, but are moving to
a more powerful one soon. We also are TCP/IP only, and may not
have our TCP/IP allocations optimized for ADSM service.

Any thoughts would help.

|  Jon Austin                             TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU   |
|  Systems Programmer,                                               |
|  OIT Systems Administration Group                                  |
|  412 North Building, Box 90132                                     |
|  Duke University                           phone   (919)660-7024   |
|  Durham, NC  27708-0132                    fax     (919)660-7029   |
|               Duke University: Birthplace of 'USENET'              |