ADSM-L

Q: Sending POP-UPS from AIX to a Windows client

1996-01-26 05:57:00
Subject: Q: Sending POP-UPS from AIX to a Windows client
From: "Stokes, Van Jr." <sbluvks AT SMMIPO1.SMMI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 10:57:00 C
Has anyone written or know of a program that will run on AIX and send
messages to a MS Windows client via a pop up window? This command would
be very similar to the "message" command on Novell or "Write" command in
unix.

What I am looking to do is write some shell scripts that will monitor the
Adsm server for certain things - like volume mount requests. When a
request has been found, I want the script to send me a message to my
Windows 95 station via a pop up window informing me that a request is
out-standing.

Why am I doing this? Well, we don't have an operations person to sit and
watch ADSM all day. Matter of fact, our Adsm Server runs in the
background as a quite process. Currently, I have to "check in" every now
and then and make sure an off-line volume isn't being requested or
something else needs to be done.

Can someone help me out here? Any suggestions? Anyone else looking for
something similar?

 -----
Message for the day:
Bumper Sticker: