ADSM-L

FW:

1996-01-23 16:26:00
Subject: FW:
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 16:26:00 EST
The NDS (directory) will only get backed up if explicitly specified in the
DSM.OPT thru the use of a DOMAIN statement.... you also need to load the
TSANDS NLM.

Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com
 ----------
From: owner-adsm-l
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
Date: Tuesday, January 23, 1996 12:05PM

Paul,

No, the NDS is not considered to be part of the default domain
"all-local" for 4.x systems. The reason is because since NDS is
distributed,and we suggest that you backup the NDS from the
"master replica"...But, we leave it up to you to choose where
to back it up from...You can have all-local plus any extra
domain entries for your domain statement...ie

in dsm.opt:
domain all-local servername\dir:

is perfectly valid.

Frank Ramke

Sorry I wasn't more clear.  The question I was trying to ask is whether
the DIRECTORY is included in the default DOMAIN.  I.e., if you do not have
any DOMAIN statement, will the DIRECTORY get backed up.  All local disks
will, and the BINDERY will, but will the DIRECTORY?

I understand that we can choose not to rely on the default DOMAIN setting,
and explicitly list volumes, etc.

Thanks.
..Paul