ADSM-L

Include-Exclude Lists Ignored on PC Clients

1996-01-23 11:30:15
Subject: Include-Exclude Lists Ignored on PC Clients
From: "Scott D. Courtney (216-471-4103)" <courtney AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 11:30:15 -0500
I'm having a problem with DSM's GUI version apparently ignoring the
include-exclude lists on my PC clients using OS/2, Windows, and NT, and
also using the command line (dsmc) on two flavors of UNIX.  Since this
is such an obvious problem, and since no one seems to be screaming, I
have to assume it's my own stupidity at fault here and not ADSM <G!>.
I've attached below a fragment of an OS/2 "dsm.opt" file and of the
"include-exclude" file from an HPUX system.  Can someone tell me what
I'm doing wrong?  Thanks!

P.S.:  FWIW, all my other options (communications, DOMAIN, etc.) seem to
work just fine on all platforms, and if I deliberately add a syntax
error to the include/exclude list, DSM won't run--so I'm sure it's
finding the right config files.

"Today is always Version 1.0"               Scott Courtney
"Today is always Version 1.0"               Scott Courtney
                                            Sr. Programmer/Analyst
NOTICE:  Everything that is not forbidden   The Timken Company
         is mandatory!                      (courtney AT timken DOT COM)

****************************** Attachment  #1 *************************

* ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
*
* client options file for OS/2
*

*  Setting Options for the TCP/IP Communication Method
*  --------------------------------------------------------
 COMMMETHOD                TCPip
    TCPSERVERADDRESS         147.185.2.186
    TCPPORT                  1500

*  Setting Nodename
*  -------------------------------------------------------

  NODENAME                  courtney

*  Include-exclude list
*  All the directories that are supposed to be "excluded" are getting
*  backed up anyway, as are the root-level files like "os2boot".

 EXCLUDE                   ?:\...\swapper.dat
 EXCLUDE                   "*:\ea data. sf"
 EXCLUDE                   c:\ibmbio.com
 EXCLUDE                   c:\os2ldr
 EXCLUDE                   c:\os2krnl
 EXCLUDE                   c:\os2boot
 EXCLUDE                   c:\os2dump
 EXCLUDE                   c:\os2ver
 EXCLUDE                   c:\os2ldr.msg
 EXCLUDE                   c:\os2\*
 EXCLUDE                   c:\mmos2\*
 EXCLUDE                   c:\grpware\*
 EXCLUDE                   c:\ibmvesa\*
 EXCLUDE                   c:\ibmlan\*
 EXCLUDE                   c:\muglib\*
 EXCLUDE                   c:\ibmcom\*
 EXCLUDE                   c:\lanlk\*
 EXCLUDE                   c:\spool\*
 INCLUDE                   c:\os2\mdos\winos2\*
 INCLUDE                   c:\os2\*.ini
 INCLUDE                   c:\ibmlan\ibmlan.ini
 INCLUDE                   c:\ibmcom\protocol.ini