ADSM-L

ADSM and IBM LAN Server

1996-01-22 04:53:42
Subject: ADSM and IBM LAN Server
From: Clemens Milz <Milz AT LINDE-VA01.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 04:53:42 EST
Hello,

Maybe someone using ADSM and IBM LAN Server is interested in:

last year I reported a problem after upgrading to LAN Server
version 4.0:

Not all but a lot of unchanged files were backed up every day and
the time window was not big enough to complete the entire
incremental backup. I noticed later that already with LAN Server
3.0 there were backed up unchanged files but not so much.

IBM folks found out that There is an error in the ADSM code when
calculating a CRC for the ACP data speak for the ACL's due to not
appropriate assumptions. In concern to performance there must be
done changes at the ADSM code as well as at the LAN Server code.
They opened ARPAR IC12172.

A workaround is to exclude the ACL's from being a criterion for
an incremental backup. The option "skiplanserveracp yes" would do
this. So we can complete the backups of our data again. The ACL's
can be backed up by the LAN Server utility BACKACC.

Have a great week.

Clemens Milz, Linde AG, Munich/Germany