ADSM-L

Sun Solaris 2.5 Support?

1996-01-15 09:22:54
Subject: Sun Solaris 2.5 Support?
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 09:22:54 -0500
Date:     January 15, 1996            Time:    08:27
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (203) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
IBM -
IBM -

Is Sun's Solaris 2.5 supported with the ADSM V2 client?  (IP20570).  We
recently installed the code on a new machine with Solaris 2.5 on it, and the
command line client works fine, but the GUI (DSM) does not work at all - the
Sun folks tell me it takes a core dump.  There are comments in the
installation manual indicating that Solaris 2.3 and 2.4 are supported
natively; we were hoping that since 2.5 is new, it would be supported too.  We
have not tried to run the Admin client yet, since this machine did not have
binary compatability installed.

A Sun "newbie"......
                        Jerry

Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's the day to day stuff that really wears you
down.

                        Anton Chekov