ADSM-L

Re: ADSM support of HP-UX v10.01 VX-FS

1996-01-11 04:07:30
Subject: Re: ADSM support of HP-UX v10.01 VX-FS
From: Heiko Andresen <andresen AT DRESDNERBANK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 10:07:30 +0100
> According to my HP-UX system administrator, v10.01 uses a new type of file
> system called VX-FS.  This apparently is HP's version of the journalized file
> system (JFS).   On our particular machine the /sybase and /dumpdata filesystem
> use VX-FS.

> The problem is that ADSM is not backing up these filesystems and has no
> knowledge of their existence.  We see no errors in the dsmsched.log or any
> attempt to backup the /sybase or /dumpdata filesystems.
>
> Is IBM aware of this and will they be supporting VX-FS soon?

Hi,
VX-FS, or Veritas-Filesystem, is a known filesystem in System V Rel. 4.2
environments. ADSM already supports it for my SINIX 5.x (i386) boxes, so it
shouldn't be a problem for IBM to integrate this feature into the HP-UX client.

--
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de